Friday, July 29, 2011

Fertilizer Friday -- Making up For Lost Time

Well, I didn't post for Fertilizer Friday last week, because of the Fling, so I have a lot of lost time to make up for! And in the four days that I was away from my garden, lots of new flowers emerged.

My front porch pots are looking good, but these two especially.

Tithonia 'Torch', also in pots, has finally started blooming. I grow it in pots in a protected spot, otherwise it would drown in our rain.

The lilies that I bought at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show have started flowering.

Asiatic lily 'Eyeliner' -- See the delicate dark edge on the petals?

 


Can't find the tag.
 My daylilies are flowering up a storm too.

Going Bananas

I can't find the tag for this one either.






 



Barbara Mitchell



I thought I only sowed black HHs here, but I'll take pink!





My floppy Tidytips is flowering

The plants around the stream are looking quite lush and pretty.

Are these two Agastaches trying to muscle in on the red twig dogwood?

My Dahlias are starting to flower. I got this one from a spring swap. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the flower is enormous!

Dahlia 'Kelvin Floodlight'




Fuchsia magellanica

Penstemon 'Firebird'

The hummingbirds are loving the Jacob Kline Monarda.

The delicate flowers of a gold-leaved Filipendula, against chocolate Joe Pye foliage.

I have a whole row of Sempervivum that are flowering like mad. According to what I've read online, they will die after flowering. Bummer!

Coreopsis grown from seed last year

I have many clumps of Shasta daisies flowering all over the yard, a few different varieties.

Shasta 'Crazy Daisy'



Some are crazier than others. Kind of like gardeners.


Some new purchases, not yet planted.

Canna 'Tropical Bronze Scarlet'

Love the freckles on this Canna. There was no tag.



Please visit Tootsie Time for more Fertilizer Friday posts!

18 comments:

  1. How exciting it must have been to arrive home to find all these new treasures putting on a welcome show just for you. Your garden is beautiful and the beds are all filling out marvellously as the season progresses. You must feel so proud of all you have achieved since you broke new ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wonderful blooms!
    I had the same thing happen - I planted black Hollyhocks and ended up with pink. It was a bit of a disappointment, but the pink ones sure are pretty too. Love that dark Asiatic Lily ... stunning!
    The Hummingbirds must LOVE your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so beautiful, especially the lilies. I have a shasta daisy like yours but didn't know it was called crazy daisy. I love your pretty brook running through the garden! Very nice! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful parade of flowers you got. i love your yellow dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My front containers are so crispy right now, a very sad comparison to your lush pretty ones.
    Additionally my garden is slowing down in this heat and dry conditions. ugh!
    I would love to know the name of the freckled canna if you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! You have such a nice variety of blooms. I really like your front porch pots! Everything here is winding down, getting chewed on by worms, or fried from the heat...including me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allison, I really love your hollyhocks and daylilies. You have a lot of great things going on in your garden!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison, now that you have two blogs, you get to hear from me twice as often. (You poor lady!) What a fantastic show your garden is putting on right now. I wish my potted plants looked as good as yours, I'm wondering if the heat is the culprit (or maybe the fact that I forgot to water them...hmmmmmmm....?) has anything to do with their appearance. Either that, or they are severely depressed.

    I'm going to send the Red Hatters over to see your garden on Monday instead of mine, is that OK? I just know they'd all love your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning collection of blooms! Crazy Daisy always makes me laugh, and I love the delicate lines around Eyeliner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Hollyhock is gorgeous and I love the daisies. The stream is pretty. If you like water gardens, I have lots of pond photos on my blog at http://www.aquascapeinc.blogspot.com. Would love to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alison, I love the delicate bloom of your Filipendula, wow, so pretty! And, I'm gonna have to add Jacob Kline Monarda to my list of must haves, great color and the hummingbirds love it! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! And I'm cheering you on to get your chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alison, I really love that lily called 'Can't Find The Tag.' :) Actually all your blooms are outstanding. Looks like summer is finally here. How's the diet going? Any more hunky-sightings? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is exploding! I bet you enjoyed walking around seeing what new was going on. I love the pink Hollyhock, I've never seen one that shade before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty post!!! Your photos are just lovely!
    Once again I am just loving the tour of all the gardens that have linked in to my little party! I am so excited to visit each and every post...they are all so inspiring and I am NEVER disappointed! The creative gardens and colorful displays that I am lucky to see are inspirations that I would never have found had I not found each of the gardeners I see online! Thank you so much for sharing your garden with my Friday Flaunt this week...I do hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! Your garden is filled with gorgeousness~ It's almost all yellow in mine~Susans- are a blooming. It was a treat to meet you at Fling. gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a joyful post, I feel like FTD just showed up to my door. I believe I can even smell the garden perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, wow! What a great variety! Love your pink HH - so delicate! I have two colors, but never seen such a pale pink. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.