Monday, July 11, 2011

WooHoo! Nigel Says I Can Get Chickens!


 ...as soon as I lose 40 pounds. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while now. I've been trying rather half-heartedly, losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for the past few months. I know how to eat right (and boy! I sure know how to eat wrong too!). And I know how to exercise. I've done it in the past, so I know I can do it again.  (Well, except for the keeping it off part.) I know that exercise is the key. I like walking, so I'll be walking as often as possible.

I just needed the right motivation. I really think this will work!

I'm hoping my readers will "egg" me on. I'll post occasionally to let you know how I'm doing.

7 comments:

  1. I will join you in the challenge. Funny how we know it all but somehow don't apply it. a reward at the end sounds great - for me it is a trip in December to see my daughters, for you chooks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also need to lose some weight, but even more importantly get some exercise. I have a Xtrainer that I pretend to not see several times a day as I walk past it. So with Africanaussie taking up the challenge now, too and me you already have two of us to egg you on. You both have great motivators. I am going to do my part so you get those chickens! And a pretty house for them :). Now, get started right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Alison, as you well know, I need to lose 50 pounds per my Polar Bear MD, so I'll cheer you on, too. I wish we lived closer, we could stroll that mere 10 to 15 miles a day together and time would fly by, wouldn't it?

    And you're willing to do this for chickens? I'm going to need some other incentive....ok, my 35th class reunion is this coming October. Yep, that should do it.

    (Does this mean I have to trash the pint of hot fudge sauce I made tonight??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to have the motivation to get it done. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been walking every morning (day 10 today) .... Just hope I can keep it up through the winter months. I will definitely be rooting for you :)

    I would love to have chickens too .... But then I think it's maybe too many animals in our menagerie ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be happy to "egg" you on, Alison. I can't wait to see your baby chickies. What great incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great motivation! :) We'll be here to hip hip hooray you on!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.