Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wednesday Vignette

Last weekend I went to the plant sale at the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden in Federal Way. I picked up some new plants, not only at the sale, but also after the sale when I went into the garden and took a look around the large nursery area inside the garden. I'll tell you more about the sale and my visit to the garden in future posts.

For now, I'm just going to share this shot of a sword fern unfurling in the garden.


Ferns look great in the spring when they start to unfurl like this, especially if you're a meticulous gardener and have cut back the old fronds. I have a number of different ferns in my garden, but I haven't taken the time yet to cut back the old growth, so they don't look this good. Maybe I'll get to that chore soon. At the moment, I'm working on clearing out an old bed that has become overgrown and weedy. Our weather has turned strangely summer-like, and I have to make hay while the sun is shining.

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can check out her post here.