Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, April 23, 2018

In A Vase On Monday

I'm late once again putting my vase together for this meme. The weather has been so good lately that I spent yesterday outside working in the garden for hours and hours. Normally I would put a vase arrangement together on Sunday and schedule a post to appear automagically on Monday morning. But I just didn't want to take the time yesterday to do that, and this morning I had an appointment.

So I'm just now getting around to it.

It centers around the Princess Irene tulips that are blooming out in the front garden. There are only a few, and every year they produce fewer and fewer flowers. So I figured I might as well cut the tallest of them and make them the centerpiece of the vase.

Princess Irene out in the garden


That left me with the challenge of finding other flowers to go with them. They are pretty splashy, hot colors, after all, and I have nothing else in my garden right now that is flowering in orange.

But I have plenty of purple, so I went with that.

Purple Pulsatilla, purple checkered Fritillaria meleagris, a couple of stems of Persicaria 'Red Dragon,' and a little ruff of caramel-colored Heuchera leaves, the closest thing to orange I could find

A closeup


I have another appointment in the afternoon, so I might not have much time for more gardening today. But fortunately, our current forecast is for some pretty nice weather this week, and as Scarlett O'Hara said in Gone With the Wind, "Tomorrow is another day!"

Cathy in Rambling in the Garden hosts In A Vase On Monday. Go check out her post here.