Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Wednesday Vignette

For my Wednesday Vignette this week I'm sharing a photo from my garden of the blooms on my Jeffersonia diphylla, aka twinleaf. Jeffersonia is a spring ephemeral that I know has flowered in the past, but somehow I've always missed it. Spring is such a busy time for gardeners, with so much work to do and so much to captivate your attention. In the past I've seen this with seed capsules, so I know it has flowered. This year I caught it at the right time! Hooray for me.

Jeffersonia diphylla aka twinleaf

I went out the next day to see if I could capture a closeup of the flowers, and the petals of two of them had fallen away already.

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette, check out her post here.