Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, April 16, 2018

In A Vase On Monday

I started the day in a bit of a foul mood, who knows why? Our weather over the weekend was like a window-rattling monsoon, and work in the garden is not progressing as quickly as I'd like. It really would be nice if a horde of garden elves showed up and did the work for me while I pointed and drank lattes (maybe those two nice young strapping Welsh lads from Garden Rescue on British telly). Plus the news just keeps getting worse and worse. I feel a sense of alienation from my own country that actually makes me weepy. This isn't the country I thought it was, when I was younger and idealistic.

I didn't really feel like putting an arrangement together. I briefly considered throwing some dead sticks in a vase and calling that my arrangement. But there was a bit of a lull in the downpour this morning so I ran out with my secateurs and cut three Muscari and then to the greenhouse for something else to fill it with a bit of froth.

Ta-Da!

Muscari latifolium and Begonia flowers

Cathy at Rambling in the Garden hosts In A Vase On Monday. Check out her post here.