Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, April 30, 2018

In A Vase On Monday

Here's just a little something I threw together quickly -- three flowering stems of Dicentra 'Gold Heart.'

I almost used flowers from this plant last week, but they weren't quite mature enough yet. So I waited until this week, and pressed for time because of bad planning and (let's face it) laziness, I cut them quick and stuffed them in a small vase. They sprawl rather awkwardly but that's part of their charm, and I left the golden foliage intact, which meant I didn't have to cut any extra from anywhere else in the garden.



I know technically it's now called Lamprocapnos, but I've always known it as Dicentra. It was one of the first plants I planted in the garden when we moved here.

Cathy at Rambling in the Garden hosts In A Vase On Monday. Check out her post here.