Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

Today my Wednesday Vignette is a shot of something soft and fluffy that evidently got left behind when a birdie was chowing down on the spiky seedhead of a coneflower. I was prowling around the garden with my camera recently when I noticed this little feather.  I'm sure the neighbors look at me strangely as I peer and bend over and contort myself into all kinds of positions to get "The Shot." This one was worth it.


Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful Alison, I can imagine the neighbours curious look, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It makes the seedhead look as if it's wearing a fluffy hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Now hurry, now rush out there this morning and capture it covered with frost! (pretty please)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is just perfection, Alison! The contrast between the sharp and the soft just says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely. winter kinda forces us to look for the details. my neighbors can only see me in 20 percent of my garden, where i put on my green yoda hood and contort myself for the best photo. also, often garbed in my PJs. crazy cancer lady. i can do whatever i want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spiky and fluffy - nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Award-winning quality, Alison! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed. Your neighbors must be used to your contortions by now. Ready for snowmageddon 2016?

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.