Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Bugging Out I

This little cutie on the seedhead of a Verbascum ended up in the focus of my camera lens a couple of weeks ago, before our recent frost, while I was looking for something interesting to share for Wednesday Vignette. I wonder now if I should have captured her and put her inside the greenhouse. But I do occasionally use Neem Oil in there, because the close conditions encourage aphids, whitefly, and spider mites. So I left her to her own life cycle outside in the wilderness of the garden, where I never use chemicals.
"Lady Bug, Lady Bug, Fly Away Home..."

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable little lady! (The bug is cute too.) I hope she's found a warm place to sleep the winter away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo...you had me remembering back when I was a kid and believed that counting the spots would tell you their age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shot. This Lady Bug doesn't even look real. It's almost too perfect next to the plant it sits on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that's a great photo, Alison! I think you made the right decision - she's probably happier outside.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.