Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

What Are You Waiting For?

If you're a gardener, and you live in the Seattle area, and you haven't bought your tickets yet for the Northwest Flower and Garden Show -- what are you waiting for? You can buy your tickets online at this link any time before February 20, and save $4 per ticket. Or if you don't want to buy online, there are loads of nurseries in the area where you can buy tickets.

Where else are you going to find inspirational stuff like this?

A rain chain made of keychains!

Wire fencing and recycled water bottles make unusual entrance pillars.

Old heating grates used as patio pavers

An enormous crystal ball "floating" in a pond

Old window wells used as garden edging for a raised bed

It's next week, folks! I'm going on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If you're going to be there, let me know.  I'd love to meet you and buy you a cup of coffee!

7 comments:

  1. Three days!!? And I thought I was obsessive! Looking forward to catching up with you again Allison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to that particular show...I think we might try to get up there for it this year, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'll be going a couple of days too and am looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish we could go...We have to pass up fun things in Seattle and Tacoma because of a lack of dog sitters. It would so much fun to see you. I will look forward to you sharing with us when you get back. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our garden show every year and make the hour drive to see it in Toronto. Yours look fantastic. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't attend the show, but I'm sure glad you will be there, taking photos for us all. There were some really neat ideas, who'd think of a rain chain of keys? And the heating grates look amazing too. I like the wire gabion entrance pillars very much, maybe I should stuff my new vase with bottles? Have a great time there, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you and other bloggers, I can take in the Seattle show vicariously and not really feel like I've missed much.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.