Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Survivor

Back in January I posted about my plans for the new cutting garden that I created from one of my old raised vegetable beds. I had started sowing seeds in it under plastic berry container cloches, and with our warmer than normal January I had sprouts from the Lupine Russell mix by the bgeinning of February.

Sprouts first detected on February 6


With our recent very cold weather, I wondered and worried how those little sprouts with their seed leaves would do under snow and with night-time temperatures that went down into the low 20s (22 degrees Fahrenheit on at least one night).

Well, the snow has melted and it's a bit warmer, although still going down near frost each night.

But those little babies are doing just fine!

Baby Lupines doing fine!

There'll be a whole row of them

Come late spring, expect a whole row of them in the cutting garden, multicolored Lupine flowers all singing and disco-dancing to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive!"