Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Friday, February 23, 2018

A Better Use For My Broom

You may have heard the normally rainy Pacific Northwest has gotten some snow lately. If you know me, you know how much I dislike snow. I love our dark, dreary, wet (above 32 degrees Fahrenheit) winters.

We got some snow, enough to coat everything, on Sunday. And then it turned too cold for it all to melt, so it stuck around, and I tried really, really hard to ignore it. Hoping if I ignored it long enough it would go away quietly.

Well, that didn't work. The weather goddess got mad and dumped even more on me on Wednesday night. I had to take my broom out and knock snow off my palm trees and my Manzanita.

Me, at the prospect of snow -- unlike Elphaba, I love the rain

No....must...not....show...pretty pictures of the...despised snow.

Ah, alright.

Snow-laden Mahonia branches

Pinus sylvestris 'Nisbet's Gold'

I had to use my broom to knock snow off the Arctostaphylos, which probably should have been tip-pruned

A snowy winter jasmine

Eryngium seedheads

The birds have stripped the Echinacea seedheads, which look a bit like witches' hats now

And I hear we might get more. Maybe it's time to hop on that broom and ride off somewhere sunny and warm.