Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

For my Wednesday Vignette, here's a closeup of one of my Yucca 'Bright Star' on the front porch, with a little stress color. When stressed, either by cold or lack of water, this Yucca turns pink at its tips, and at its center. I'm so glad I took the advice of my friend Peter The Outlaw Gardener to dig mine up and coddle them in pots in order to keep them from getting stricken with fungus spots.

This is so much prettier than ugly, black spots of "yuccacne."

A little stress coloration on Yucca 'Bright Star'

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can check out her current post here.

8 comments:

  1. Glad it's working. Yours looks beautiful. Seems that once they're larger and hold themselves above the ground more the yuccachne goes away. Puberty is such an awkward time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are pinker than mine this year I think. It's a wonderful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - that is lovely! I've never seen any stress manifest itself on mine yet - other than those dreaded fungus spots. "Yuccacne" made me laugh! Mine got buried under a rogue Helichrysum which survived our mild winter. Sad to say, it still looks pitiful, but at least it's alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue background is magic-making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a plain green yucca, nothing pretty like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo of a beautifully grown plant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.