Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

Loree of the blog Danger Garden pointed this snake in the grass out to me when we visited Vanessa Gardner Nagel's garden for the Portland Garden Bloggers Plant Exchange. Actually, technically it isn't grass, it's Carex flacca, a sedge, which Vanessa has planted in a large circle surrounded by a gravel path.

He was just a little guy, sitting there calmly. I'm not sure what kind of snake he is, but he's not dangerous. The only poisonous snakes we have in Washington are rattlesnakes, which aren't found in western Washington. He's obviously not a rattler.

Snakes are one of my favorite garden wildlife denizens. I'd probably feel differently if I lived where I might encounter deadly ones every day.



Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.