Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

It's spider season in my garden, which is appropriate for October, leading up to Halloween. Right now I have at least 6 or 7, maybe more, cross spiders (Aranaeus diadematus) making their autumn homes in my garden. This one built her circular web across several plants in the bottle tree bed, and a few weeks ago, when I went out to do a walk-around, I noticed the morning sun backlighting it. There were at least 3 others in the bed as well.

If you're interested in learning more about the cross spider, I wrote a post about them a few years ago, which you can read here.


Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can read her current post here.