Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ten Little Giants

It wasn't a harsh winter, but it still carried a big ugly stick that it used to to beat my garden up. In fact, it beat my Tetrapanax 'Steroidal Giant' so badly with the ugly stick that it turned into one.

Ugly mother

She left behind a host of babies, though, growing up from her roots.


One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven and Eight

Nine

Ten

And one more for good measure, growing scarily close to the culvert planter

I'm pretty sure the mother is dead, but crikey! She's going to turn my front garden into a Tetrapanax forest. Fortunately, I've heard they're fairly easy to dig up when young. I just need to figure out where the happy medium is. Dig up too few and they'll take over and be difficult to get rid of. Dig up too many, and I risk none of these babies surviving our next winter's beating.