Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

Here's a Wednesday Vignette from the new plantings in my back garden, in the northeast corner under the Douglas firs, which I wrote about in "Gardening My Ass Off Part I." It's Cyclamen purpurascens, which has scented flowers. I planted four or five of these in the border, each with slightly different leaves. I hope they seed around and naturalize like some of my other Cyclamen have done.

Cyclamen purpurascens

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her current post here.




6 comments:

  1. Your cyclamen is sweet. Soon you'll have a carpet of them back there. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scented and a beautiful color! Only one of my Cyclamen has reappeared so I'm forced to conclude that we're just too dry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cyclamen purpurascens. Mine bloom from spring through fall. Hope yours seed around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet and lovely. Too hot and dry for them here, so I will enjoy yours from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I hope you get a nice, big patch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can dream through the winter of big swaths of Cyclamen.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.