Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day -- November 2016

I can hardly believe it's the middle of November already. Thanksgiving is next week, for crying out loud. There are not many flowers out in the garden, but I do have some in the greenhouse.

Iochroma 'Ashcott Red'

Pelargonium sidoides

Senecio mandraliscae

Senecio mandraliscae

Begonia 'Little Brother Montgomery' (Thanks to Evan of The Practical Plant Geek)

But I found some outside when I looked.

Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'

Calendula 'Solar Flashback'

Mahonia x media 'Charity'

'Sheffield' Mums

Cyclamen hederifolium

That's about it for flowers. We've had a very wet, but temperature-wise quite mild, autumn. We haven't even come close to a frost yet, which is odd. They're claiming we could have a severe winter in terms of snow, here in the lowlands.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens hosts Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, on the 15th of every month. Check out her post here, where bloggers around the world participate.

17 comments:

  1. Amazing photos, Alison. And still so much in bloom. Do you over winter your Pelargonium in the greenhouse or do you leave them out? I've left them out in the past with no issues....just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always overwinter them inside the greenhouse. I don't want to take chances. We're a little colder up here I think, and since I'm up on a ridge 600 feet above sea level, we sometimes get frost or snow when they get none down in Seattle.

      Delete
  2. Love seeing your Pelargonium sidoides. I included mine (from you) this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everywhere I go in blogdom today, I'm seeing that Mahonia 'Charity' - I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is my first time here, i love your photos especially those with very shallow DOF. I also love your cute flowers, but they don't grow here in our hot tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your elegant close-ups Alison !

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are entering the season where we have to get up close and personal with the tiny flowers of winter.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The color of the Calendula...like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every flower at this time of year is so precious, you still have a good number to brighten your days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blooms! I've been hearing all that talk about a cold and wet winter and hope that we get a nice protective blanket of snow before it gets too cold. Maybe the weather will change like the big storm prediction earlier this season and we'll have another nice mild winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just looking around the house this evening, stressing over where I'm going to put all my houseplants to make room for Christmas decorations. It always comes SO fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that begonia is doing well for you! Mine made it into this month's GBBD post, too. Everyone seems to have Mahonia x media in bloom but me. My 'Arthur Menzies' grew so well this year, I expected to see blooms, but it sent up new growth in September.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the photo of the Calendula, do you normally have them in November?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic photos, Alison! I really like that Pelargonium and that Calendula is stunning! I have that same Chocolate Eupatorium blooming in my garden, but I'll be damned if I can make it look as delicious as you can. Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful. i feel guilty that the Persicaria ‘golden arrow’ you gave me is still in blooming its pink spikes.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.