Thursday, January 15, 2015

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day -- January 2015

My Abutilon 'Red Tiger' is really going to town with blooms inside the greenhouse right now. But there's so much other stuff in the way, it's hard to get close enough to get a good shot. I can see the flowers from outside the greenhouse, though, so this month, this is all you get.


Flower Under Glass -- well, twinwall polycarbonate technically

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day is hosted by Carol of the blog May Dreams Gardens. You can find her January post here.

12 comments:

  1. One of the great things about Abutilon, when they decide to flower they do so lots and almost continuously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Such a beauty even behind polycarbonate! I'll be picking one of these up at the NWFGS for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous, mine is just dead looking sticks outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have never grown one. My mom has one on her porch, in a pot, (in Portland), that is blooming its little heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It still looks wonderful, even through the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes a cool modern art piece....wonderful texture and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if you keep your tiger in a cage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fell for one of those, they look like elegant Chinese lanterns, but alas I managed to kill it off, so I admire yours blooming happily in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brought mine in over the winter, so instead it's getting all leggy in the relative darkness. Wonder if that was a mistake... ? I guess time will tell. Yours looks extremely happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.