Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Enthusiastic Snowdrop

One teeny-weeny Galanthus has poked its head above the soil, and is already blooming. I have to admire its enthusiasm, but it's a bit braver than I. We're still getting night-time temps at or just below freezing, and I'm sure we'll have more cold (if not snowy) weather before winter ends. I'm doing winter clean-up in short, cold, damp, one- or two-hour stretches, which is all I can take.

Snowdrop, surrounded by self-sown California poppy seedlings and slug bait

6 comments:

  1. Cute! I noticed a tiny little clump of them with buds this weekend, no blooms yet though. Wasn't it beautiful today?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first snowdrop is always very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that´s your first sign of spring, always wonderful. I have been searching around in my garden, I see already white tips, but no blooms yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice glimpse of spring Alison :) little and often is sometimes good enough to stave off gardening pangs in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put out the slug/snail bait this weekend after seeing a few babies. I'm seeing some bulbs try to push up a bit- interesting to see where the crocus are coming up- I left the planting of those to my son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so dang cute! And sadly, I don't have a single one. :(

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.