Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day


 Jim Croce's Time in a Bottle

Happy Garden Bloggers Bloom Day!

You know what? I refuse to go out there and hunt for flowers in my freeze-dried garden. I'm sure there are some on my Arbutus unedo 'Compacta' and I might even have a few buds open on a Mahonia x media 'Charity.' I doubt you really want to see my meager offerings.

Instead for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, I'm getting in my Time Machine and traveling into the past, to an NPA garden tour that Peter The Outlaw Gardener and I did this past summer. You can read Peter's post about this garden here.

This is the Olympia Garden of Pat and Scott Bergford, which we visited in late July, on a warm, sunny summer day.
























Peter says hello to a friend

In real life, we can only time-travel forward. One second at a time. But I'd so love to actually go back in time and see this garden all over again. It was exactly the kind of rich, blowsy, Victorian-style garden that I love, chock-full of roses and Dahlias and poppies and Brugs and hollyhocks and it went on and on. Ah, well. These pictures will have to do.

Check out all the other GBBD posts at Carol Michel's blog May Dreams Gardens here.