Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Foliage Followup

Once again, I am refusing to go out there with my camera and photograph my own pitiful garden for December's Foliage Followup. Instead, I'm sharing some photos I took last summer on Vashon Island, during a Northwest Perennial Alliance garden tour that I took accompanied by Peter The Outlaw Gardener and his partner Tom. You can read Peter's post about this garden here.

This wonderful garden, North Shore Gardens, is the work of Jonathan Morse and had a striking emphasis on foliage, making it a perfect place to revisit on a cold, gray, rainy PNW winter day.




































The purpose of Foliage Followup is to remind us of the importance of great foliage in the garden. It takes place on the sixteenth of every month, the day after Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. You can find more Foliage Followup posts on Pam Penick's blog Digging here. Check out the links in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Perfect garden for foliage follow up! Thanks for the warm memories of this fun day on the island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look back posts, a reminder of sweet summer and the photos are a wonderful sight for wintry eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos - it just goes to show what an ample supply of rain can produce. I'm hoping to get to Vashon someday - my brother-in-law, niece and nephew live there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos that demonstrate why we travel to other gardens -- to get us through winter! Loved the tall white pot, the silver pots on the stairs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos, just dripping with greens and golds and texture. The arbours are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some really nice foliage, especially for a dreary, soggy winter day. I especially love the golden yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.