Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day -- November 2017

It's already the middle of November, which means it's Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, when garden  bloggers around the world show off the flowers in their gardens. There's truly very little still flowering in my garden, but there are a couple of things, which I ran around like a mad thing photographing last night around dusk, braving a cold wind.

One of the fancy leaf Begonias in my greenhouse is flowering. They're pretty unremarkable flowers.

The last tuberous Begonia flower -- single rather than double, which I think from my reading means it's a female flower

Cyclamen hederifolium

Mahonia 'Soft Caress' in the pot ghetto

Arbutus unedo 'Compacta' -- this is the most heavily laden with flowers I've ever seen it. The hummingbirds have been all over it recently

And it sports both flowers and berries at the same time
And that's it!

Carol at May Dreams Gardens hosts Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. Check out her post here.