Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

Every year at this time the Bilbergia nutans, aka Queen's Tears, flowers, often unnoticed in an out-of-the-way spot in the greenhouse. When I see that flash of color I pull it out and put it in a more prominent spot for a while. I remember the first time I saw a photo of this flower (on danger garden's blog), I thought it couldn't possibly be natural, but it is. It's kind of effortless too. And I love the common name.

Bilbergia nutans

There's lots to love about this plant on Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

  1. I often miss seeing the blooms on mine too because I also tuck them into corners. I divided mine in the fall so they may take a while to bloom again but I'm hoping maybe the rain will boost flower production. Happy Valentine's Day, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I used to have one, but through neglect it died and I have regretted it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Stunning blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.