Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wednesday Vignette - Goodbye, Godzilla Summer!

I hear there is a Godzilla El Nino building up in the Pacific Ocean, slated to give us a mild winter like the last one, with little snow and less rain (but more rain for California, apparently). Bad news for the ski industry and for the PNW's snow-pack. It also means saying good-bye to our Godzilla summer, which was long, hot and dry, and left me and my garden feeling a lot like Japan being stomped by a fire-breathing monster (or perhaps by Treat Williams doing an impression of Godzilla in the movie "Things To Do in Denver When You're Dead'). I wonder if next summer will be similar?

Anyway, I thought for today, our first day of autumn, I would bid good-bye to summer with a couple of pictures, which I'll also include in Anna's Wednesday Vignette meme. Here are just a few flowers that I left out of last week's Bloom Day post.

Canna 'Tropicanna'

Bougainvillea

Centaurea dealbata (Persian cornflower), looking a lot like a pinwheel (or perhaps a spinning winter storm?)


 
"I am Godzilla, You are Japan!"


Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can read her current post with her musings about light in the garden here, and don't forget to check out the links in the comments to other bloggers' posts.