Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day -- September 2015

I often complain that I don't have enough flowers, but when I go out into the garden to take photographs for Bloom Day, I always find something. It's a big garden, so the flowers are spread out.

It's always nice to see the Cyclamen reappear.

It's the season for lots of Rudbeckia too

And I've got several pots of Echinacea waiting in the pot ghetto

As well as a Berkheya purpurea

Clematis tangutica 'Helios'

This Primrose is reblooming

I've still got plenty of Calendula going strong, such as this one which self-sowed itself in exactly the right color-coordinated spot.

I love that the reverse on the petals is mahogany red

Nicotiana sylvestris self-sowed next to, and taller than, Mopsy the bigleaf Magnolia

Dahlia with fly and waiting predator

The Asters are starting to flower

Verbascum bombyciferum has been flowering all summer

The fall-blooming tall Sedums are starting to flower now too

As well as the Japanese Anemones

The recent rains have brought the species Echinaceas back into bloom

Fuchsia magellanica 'Aurea' is another one that flowers all summer

One of my favorite shrubs, golden Leycesteria formosa, is covered in blooms

Hard to believe, but this large shrub was just a rooted cutting last year when I planted it

And that's pretty much it for September.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens is our host for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, on the 15th of every month. Check out her September blooms, and those of other garden bloggers around the world, here.