Thursday, August 7, 2014

Favorite Plant Quickie

This is (hopefully) going to be short and sweet.

My favorite plant in the garden this week is Crocosmia 'Emily McKenzie.' She's growing in the hot bed in my front garden, just planted this spring, in full sun with good drainage. I don't think I Googled this plant when I first received it, so I didn't realize it would have that lovely dark blotch in the center. I was thinking it was just plain orange. I love it!





You can find some cultivation info here on the website Plant Lust.

The Favorite Plant in the Garden meme is hosted by Loree at Danger Garden. Here's a link to her post about her favorite plant in her garden this week.

13 comments:

  1. I know this pant--I used to grow it. Enormous flowers! There are a TON of different crocosmias out there. I've been thinking about which one might be right for my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Emily' is lovely! Those striking flowers look almost like a simple glad. I do like the shaded crocosmias. My favorite is one I got from Far Reaches called 'Corona'. It has medium orange petals with defined, burnished red centers. It's similar to 'Emily McKenzie' but probably a little shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this plant and it didn't do well for me but I'm determined to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! It's going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s a beauty, I had this one growing in the greenhouse for years but since I do no heat the greenhouse anymore I have lost it of frost in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one hot looking bloom. Great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red centers are very nice. Mine all flop but Emily seems very upright! I've been noticing how tough my Crocosmias are and thinking I should spread them around a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really lovely plant, and so are the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh all those variations in color are fabulous, what a nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore these plants and can see why you love them too.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.