Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Unexpected Gift!

I received the most wonderful gift in the mail yesterday from my daughter-in-law! This cute plaque, which is sitting on my back porch on a shelf with a bird's nest that fell from a tree (and its resident fake bird).


I just love it, and I love that she thought of me when she saw it in a shop! It looks cute sitting on the shelf, but it's not a very prominent spot, so I may move it. It has a little slot in the back for hanging it on a nail, so I might hang it somewhere out in the garden.

5 comments:

  1. That is such a cute vignette, Alison! The lovely sign, attractive shelf, wonderfully ambitious nest and sweet little fake bird! A delightful little surprise discovery for anyone visiting your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vignette. A very cute sign, your DIL has good taste. It would lovely in the garden. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice. It's cool sitting next to that adorable bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the saying on your sign, how very fitting for a gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the saying, I might have to paint it on a wood board for my garden. I too have a few nests that have fallen out that I keep on a metal shelf on my front porch, looks quite a lot like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.