Sunday, January 9, 2011

Garden Bloggers' Fling 2011 in Seattle

I've added another widget at the left -- a badge that contains a link that will take you to a webpage with information about the Garden Bloggers' Annual Fling -- basically a four-day get-together for gardeners across the world that will take place right here in Seattle this year, from July 22-25.

I don't know yet what specifically will be on the agenda, but I read about the one in Buffalo last year on a lot of blogs, and it sounded like everyone had a blast. According  to the webpage,  "we'll tour glorious gardens, savor delicious farm-to-table dining, and immerse ourselves in one of the most garden-friendly climates Mother Nature has ever bestowed."

To get a feel for what happened at last year's Fling in Buffalo, you can go here.

I live about 30 miles from Seattle, and I plan to be there! I'm looking forward to meeting some great gardeners (and garden writers), eating some great food, and seeing some beautiful gardens. July is dream time in Seattle, the skies should be blue, the weather should be warm, but probably not unbearable.

Be there or be square!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the widget, I hadn't seen it yet, but I'll be adding it now. The fling really sounds fun doesn't it? I remember reading about the last two and always thought I'd love to go if it was closer. I look forward to meeting you and other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that does sound fun! Thanks for posting the line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all of the cold months, most garden lovers are probably ready to start thinking about the coming planting season. The good news is that there are projects that can be done during the winter in preparation for the coming spring.





    home and garden design

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could 'BE THERE' too, Alison - it would be so lovely to meet you and share in all the fun :)

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog. It always warms my heart to know you've stopped by!

    The leaf you queried is a coleus...but I BET you knew that and were just testing me ;)

    Hugs,

    Des xo

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.