Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Camera Critters -- Band-Tailed Pigeons

This week I had a flock of maybe 10 or 15  band-tailed pigeons at the large feeder and hanging out in the stream. I had to take pictures very carefully from the window, because every time I moved even the slightest bit, they all flew off, only to return a few minutes later.

Band-tailed pigeons are a PNW native bird, and according to Wikipedia, have a call like an owl and are the largest pigeon in North America. I never heard the call while they were here. It's possible the ones I saw were migrating south.

These are the best of the many photos I took.






Check out Camera Critters to see lots more photos of all sorts of animals.