Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wednesday Vignette

For my Wednesday Vignette I'm sharing this photo of a bear wearing a flowered shirt, from Merrifield's Garden Center, one of our stops on the last day of the recent Garden Bloggers Fling, which I attended. It's going to be the first of my 300 or so unbearably bad photos, which I took with my point-and-shoot camera last weekend (I promise not to share all 300). For the entire first day, the camera was stuck in some strange mode that I couldn't figure out, and every time I would press the button to take a picture, a warning icon would flash at me, but if I persisted it would take the picture anyway. Some of them are curiously out of focus (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it). I couldn't figure out which combination of buttons to press to get it out of whatever mode it was in, until finally on the third day I managed to figure it out. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that improved things any.

At any rate, please bear with me on future posts as I share some shots from the Fling.


Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Please check out her post here.

10 comments:

  1. Merrifields was quite the garden center, wasn't it? Fling was so much fun. It was nice to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! How did I miss that bear? Maybe I was too enamored with the frogs at Merrifield's...It was good to see you again! It's a shame your camera acted up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camera problems can be unbearable. That photo bears up, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can bearly wait to see the other 299 shots! It's difficult to take pictures when inebriated:-) but I think your cover story about the technology glitch is as believable as just about anything we've heard from D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you had camera trouble, but maybe, in retrospect, that wasn't such a bad thing. Instead of framing things through an objective, you actually got to take the full, unabridged entire experience in. There is something to be said for that. The bear is hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I missed that bear entirely. I think I was busy trying to figure out if this nursery was actually bigger than Swansons !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of a nursery icon (I'm assuming) that I missed entirely.

    Camera problems suck. I grabbed my old point and shoot as I was packing. A "just in case" move. Then I left in in the hotel everyday, what good would that have done? Oh and in that vein: I stumbled on the steps at Hillwood and tossed my camera a good 10 feet. It landed with a thud on some stone paving. I was sure it was dead...but it wasn't! Powered on as though nothing had happened. Sony Cybershot...klutz proof!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camera glitches are enough to make me growl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a fashion-forward bear. He/she? looks right at home in the greenery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pearls are a nice touch. Is it wearing dentures too?

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.