Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Wednesday Vignette

This little Viola labradorica flowering in the middle of a patch of Sedum 'Angelina' is my Wednesday Vignette this week. I'm kind of amazed how these seeds get around. The original plants started out in a different bed at least 30 feet away from here! It's a good thing I like the dark leaves and the sweet little flowers. Come to think of it, Angelina gets around too, doesn't she?


Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.

9 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed having Sedum Angelina in the garden til I moved and forgot to take a clump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelina and Viola, they're quite the pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that little violet everywhere. Probably one of the first plants I bought. It gets everywhere, but I honestly don't mind much - they are so cute. Same with the Angelina. I like the chartreuse with the purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Angelina creeps about but Viola does appear in the most surprising spots even here in hot, dry SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are made for each other !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So these are slutty plants? No wonder we like them. Very sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have exactly the same pairing in my garden. It is the birds that are the cause of Angelina's spreading wings in my plot.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.