Sunday, January 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day -- January 2017

My first Garden Bloggers Bloom Day of 2017 finds me with very few blooms. There are probably some Mahonia flowers out there in the garden, but it's very cold out there, and I didn't feel like wandering around with the camera. There are only two plants flowering in the greenhouse.

I forget the name of this Alstroemeria, but the foliage at times has a touch of purple

Is this the very last of Pelargonium sidoides? It's been like the Energizer Bunny.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens hosts Garden Bloggers Bloom Day on the 15th of every month. Check out her post here.

11 comments:

  1. This cold snap has pretty much done in anything flowering outside. My winter jasmine are black. It'd time for it to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your greenhouse has to be a joy, Alison. I hope your icy weather comes to a halt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for the snow to melt. Who cares if I'm late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky plants to be in your greenhouse. They look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting contrast between foliage and bloom colors in the first photo.
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no blooms. Well, I forgot the African violets inside...shoot. Happy GBBD :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not much blooming outside here either. It's so nice to have a greenhouse during winters like this one! Thanks for encouraging me to do that. This whole cold thing can't end soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cheated and I was lazy (I took my photos before the snow, and won't be posting until tomorrow). Love that pelargonium, but you knew that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness for a greenhouse at this time of year! Your flowers look nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to have blooms in the depth of winter. I've been absent far too long again but read your older posts to catch up. I love the 'thing' Nigel made for you, how sweet! The pelargonium is gorgeous, too. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great Alison. We need all the color we can get right now. Spring can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.