Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

For my Winter Solstice Wednesday Vignette I'm sharing some recent shots of frosty foliage that I took with my new point-and-shoot camera, a Christmas/birthday present. My old camera started acting wonky, taking forever to focus and shoot. Also, one of the buttons on it had gotten stiff and hard to shift. It was at least 8 years old, bought before we moved here to Washington.

Tetrapanax leaf looks like it's covered in frosty fur

Parahebe perfoliata and sugar impostor frost crystals

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette every Wednesday. Check out her post here, and make sure to check out the links of everyone in the comments.

Happy Winter Solstice! After today, as you probably know, the days start getting longer. More daylight is something worth celebrating!

10 comments:

  1. That Parahebe looks just like it's covered in decorating sugar - wonderful capture. Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may get the ice and snow, but you seem to get more of the furry frost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frost photos come and go but yours are something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frost is so beautiful. Too bad it's so cold. Happy solstice. More daylight means we can see how damned cold it is even longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are two terrific photos of the frosted leaves of these two special plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Winter Solstice! Beautiful shots with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new camera does a good job on close-ups. I can't say mine does half as well. The frost shots are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great frost photos! The winter solstice is one of the most promising days of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy solstice, birthday, and everything in the season of sugar frost. nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frost always creates the most intricate patterns. I hope you like your new camera.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.