Saturday, December 17, 2016

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

When I said in my recent post for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day that I didn't have anything flowering out in the garden, that wasn't actually true. I didn't realize it, but I had overlooked my Mahonia x media 'Charity.' The one nearest the house, that I can see from my TV room window, has turned mostly to tiny "Oregon grapes." But two others, that are out further in the back garden, are not quite as far along in their flowering state, which I'm sure the hummingbirds appreciate.



8 comments:

  1. Ah ha! Look at that. And, I bet those hummers love it. Can you believe I don't have one? Yeah...I need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting to check my Mahonia bealei. It's out in the woods along the fence. I was hoping for blooms on my 'Arthur Menzies', but it kept putting out new growth and never settled down long enough to set flower buds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty with the dusting of snow! But I don't blame you for not scouring the garden when it's that cold outside. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed my Mahonia bloom as well , it was completely cover in snow !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purdy! I don't have one. Weird. I should remedy that this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're such reliable bloomers that it's easy to forget that they're blooming. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.