Friday, September 16, 2016

Foliage Followup -- September 2016

It's been a while since I did a Foliage Followup post. When I went out to take pictures for my Bloom Day post, I couldn't help noticing how beautiful and interesting some of my foliage was. So I thought I'd share a handful of shots.

Little bluestem stands out against Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

The variegated campion that I showed flowers from yesterday has produced an all-yellow-leaved clump right in the center

Technically not foliage, but Eryngium 'Blue Glitter' always produces interesting seedheads

Most of late summer's Echinacea flowers have dried and ripened

Oakleaf Hydrangea leaves are starting to color up in fall's typical hues

Pam at Digging hosts Foliage Followup, always on the day after Bloom Day. Check out her post here, where she says good-bye to her bloomed-out Agave ovatifolia, Moby.

9 comments:

  1. That little bluestem is gorgeous! I may have to figure out where to put some in my garden. Some of my oakleaf hydrangeas are showing a bit of color, but only the ones that were in containers until a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bluestem grass looks wonderful backed up by the pink sedum. If only for the seedheads, I really need to try growing Eryngium here (it was short-lived in my old garden).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Alison, I´m also fond of that little bluestem grass, together with the Sedum this photo is a real gem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late summer beauties. I'll add my voice to the chorus in praise of the first picture. What a cool grass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found another Little Blue Stem at the local BiMart. Of course, that puppy flew straight into my shopping cart! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First photo is a super one of your lovely grass, it goes so well with the sedum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bluestem! Just planted one, hoping it looks as gorgeous as yours. I love all these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of the bluestem grass, and holy moly - yours looks fantastic against the Autumn Joy. Just wow... Blue glitter must have been amazing in bloom - so very many flowers. Seeing it makes me wish I had more sun...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture is wonderful Alison, what an inspired combination.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.