Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday Vignette

I was surprised this morning to see frost twinkling on the grass circle in the front garden. I thought that it was only going to go down into the low 40s, maybe high 30s last night, but apparently it went lower than that. Good thing all my tender plants are in the greenhouse, except the Brugs, but I think they'll survive this light touch of frost. This weekend we'll wrestle them into the garage.




Yarrow leaf outlined in frost crystals






I didn't have anything to post for Wednesday Vignette when I first got up this morning. So this was an opportune moment for picture-taking.

Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can check out her post here.

14 comments:

  1. Nice photos and thanks for the wake up call Alison! I need to finish up getting stuff in. Our first frost can't be far off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burrrr! You hustled right out there to get these pretty shots! (hope you got dressed first...lest you catch a chill). We were predicted to get as low as 36, at least that's the coldest temp I saw on the reports (which I was obsessively checking because of some tardy bloomers which will be written about tomorrow). My thermometer says it hit 38, and the potato vines still look fine so it must have been a quick dip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frost is inevitable. I'd rather not think about it. Your photos capture frost very well. Dance those brugs right on in to shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing prettier than frost-lined leaves - if only it wasn't such a killjoy. Great captures, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I guess that means it's headed my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your shots made me shiver. Brrr! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty images. Funny, we still haven't had a frost around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sure pretty but winter isn't my favorite season. Glad that we've had no frost yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may be the kiss of death, but it sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great light on those pictures for this time of the year Alison - great shots. the frost did you a real favour then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos. No frost here yet, as far as I know. We were gone for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frost is beautiful, if it only wasn't so deadly. Glad you had your tender plants in the greenhouse already. We just hauled in 20 bags of cannas. Twenty. Why? I don't know, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frost makes everything beautiful!
    We are not there yet!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.