Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween Thoughts

Here to entertain you are some thoughts on death. Not my own thoughts, but cribbed from others.


No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
-- Steve Jobs

“My dear,
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness.
Let it kill you and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it’s much better to be killed by a lover.
~ Falsely yours”
― Charles Bukowski

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte


Happy Halloween!

9 comments:

  1. Alison, you are so clever. I put aside thoughts of the Dead and the Trick or Treat and made Macaroni Salad with 2 kinds of pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spider's nest is a cool shot! Hppy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you shared that Agave skull photo....I LOVE it! The Charles Bukowski quote had me thinking about bacon, silly yes..but with the WHO's news this week that's just where my mind went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone has promised me that if I keep His sayings I will never taste of death. Whoopee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy for Napoleon to talk, he died in his bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the post, Alison! Those agave-tip skeleton heads are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! Both the photos and words are inspiring! The last photo is the best Halloween treat ever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.