Friday, June 28, 2013

Some Pictures from Today's Fling Outings


I'm in San Francisco today for the Garden Bloggers Fling, which is a big garden bloggers party that happens once a year in a different city each year. Two years ago it took place in Seattle, and I attended and loved it!

This year it's in San Francisco, and next year it's Portland, OR. After that, I believe it's slated to go international and take place in Toronto, Canada.

We visited a couple of different gardens today, as well as paid a visit to Annie's Annuals. There are a lot of plants growing here in the ground that we take in and overwinter in pots. It's a different plant palette, and there are lots I'm not familiar with. I thought I'd share pictures of some of the interesting plants.


Agave 'Blue Glow'

Agave 'Blue Glow'

Agave 'Blue Glow'

Dyckia


Dyckia in the garden at Annie's Annuals

Senecio?

Cool Succulent

Not sure what this plant was, but it had really interesting stalks

13 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky! I try to make it to Annie's at least once a month, I live 40 min. away. I believe the plants are:
    Pic #5: Dyckia 'Cherry Cola"
    Pic #6: Dudleya (edulis?)
    Pic #7: Cotyledon orbiculata
    Pic #8: Chondropetalum tectorum
    Max P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max is smart. Love Annie's too. Wish I was there with you guys but you'll get sick of my face next year in Portland. Have fun and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seriously cool plants! Thanks for posting and I'm wishing you a fantastic bloggers fling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent close-ups of some of today's plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots especially of Agave 'Blue Glow!' I haven't even looked at my pictures yet! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured these succulents beautifully. I lived in AZ for a while and loved the stark almost fierceness of these plants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Annie's! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great views of the plants we saw Friday. I'm impressed that you got this post up the first day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The Agave 'Blue Glow' is gorgeous. I've always wanted to visit Annie's. i can't wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wanted to go to Annie's but, then I so wanted to see my friends at Fling! Your photos are fabulous! gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see the Portland logo! I think almost ALL the plants were unknown to me. Cool plants, but very foreign.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.