Sunday, November 20, 2011

Frosty Morn

We had a heavy frost last night. I had to be up early-ish (for a Sunday) to go into town to visit the Volunteer Park Conservatory, so I took my camera outside and got some nice shots of the frost before it melted away. On my drive into town, the verges of the roadway were ghostly white grasses heavily frosted, amazing to look at. I didn't get any pictures of that, had to keep my attention on my driving, and didn't want to pull over. So here's some shots of my garden, and a couple of a tree outside Starbucks, where I stopped for a latte.





I left footprints in the grass

Little drops of ice on dead daylily foliage

Weigela foliage looks like it's covered in sugar

Outside Starbucks, fallen leaves and Arctostaphylos (I think)

Look at that blue sky! In the PNW, when we get blue sky like that in winter, it means the temps have dropped below freezing


5 comments:

  1. Such marvellous pictures, Alison. So much beauty in each. I bet you were jolly cold, too! Brrr! We don't get frost where I live, although I have experienced it elsewhere in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was cold this morning! I had ice in parts of my yard all day. You have some really pretty pictures, I love how frost looks on plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos of a frosty morn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos (especially that first one)! We're still waiting for our first real frost here (although the water in the birdbath was completely frozen the other day). I'm sure it will be soon enough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just an amazing photographer...seriously talented.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.