Saturday, June 4, 2011

What's Blooming on a Sunny June Day in My Garden

It's *almost* too hot out there in the sun to work on digging holes and planting the new plants. But I managed to get quite a bit of the new purchases in the ground. It's just right for wandering around with camera in hand.

So, here's what's blooming in my garden today.

Euphorbia 'Ruby Glow'


Geranium 'Vision Light Pink' (grown from seed last year)

Geranium phaeum 'Samobor'



 Aquilegia formosa

Lithodora

Saponaria ocymoides/Soapwort (grown from seed last year)

Collinsia heterophylla (from Annie's Annuals)

Weigela florida

Thalictrum 'Black Stockings'

Trillium luteum

Aquilegia 'Leprechaun Gold'

Aquilegia 'Leprechaun Gold' and Dicentra 'Gold Heart'

Scabiosa (supposed to be 'Butterfly Blue', but much more lavender than last year)

Chives

Fava Beans

I know I uploaded photos to Facebook a few days ago, but I don't think I've posted these pictures here on my blog. If there are duplicates, well, they're just as good the second time.

8 comments:

  1. Wasn't it just gorgeous?! We did a little work in the garden today and plan to do more tomorrow.
    So many pretty flowers are blooming in your garden now. I love the geraniums! I never knew fava beans had such pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have any geraniums in my gardens and really admire yours. The aquilegia 'Leprechaun Gold' is such a pretty color and shape. Reminds me of a bunched hoop dress from days of old. Never say too hot..we can't be jinxing this luck of sun ;) lol Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you've got some interesting blooms for sure, very pretty too. The Geranium phaeum had such a deep colour to it, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I especially love the columbines--they're fast becoming a favorite of mine. Thanks for visiting me recently; for a week Blogger wouldn't let me leave comments on some blogs, including yours, so I'm a little tardy in replying. I hope it's cooler in Washington than in Illinois--we're in the midst of a heat wave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was visiting my niece yesterday and she also had Fava beans growing. They're quite a nice looking plant. I may have to grow them... Ah, but where? The weekend was sure nice, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Pheaum-type Geraniums are so lovely...and the Thalictrum is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous collection of blooms!! I am quite taken with Samobor, due in part to my admiration of plants with cool names. :)

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.