Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Look What I Pulled From My Garden!

The first carrot I've ever grown! I think it's pretty cool. It's not very big, but it's bigger than my White Icicle radishes got, they were no bigger than toothpicks. It's hard to tell from the picture exactly how big this first carrot is, but it's about the size of my baby finger. I should say it WAS the size of my baby finger.

I already scrubbed that sucker, and ate it raw!

I'm going to give them maybe another week or so, or I might pull a few every day. Can you tell how excited I am?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison, isn't it just fun getting food from your garden? Bob use to have a nice garden for years after we got married and then we bought this place 20 years ago and it was all fir trees until we logged it 3 times. He just never had a garden again after that. We do plant a tomato plant so he can have his fried green tomatoes and sometimes a zucchini. I've been looking at some of your other posts I've missed (from being outside working so much lately) and your flowers are looking great - I love your Columbine, it's so frilly and delicate looking. Thanks for stopping by today. It is hard to not buy more flowers isn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was probably one of the best carrots you have ever tasted! That's how I felt about my first cuke.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.