Friday, July 23, 2010

Fertilizer Friday -- Hey, I Do Have Some Flowers!


My garden is so new, I always go out to take pictures on Fertilizer Friday thinking there will be little to flaunt, but Surprise! Surprise! Today I do have some flowers to show.

My camera's batteries died as soon as I turned it on, and I didn't want to wait for them to power up, so I took my pictures today with my new iPhone. Keeping my fingers crossed that they look ok.

Hydrangea 'Invincibelle Spirit'


Jacob's Ladder

Astilbe

Aquilegia 'Songbird'

Geranium 'Ballerina'

Squash blossom, you can't see it in this picture, but there is a tiny baby squash growing behind it!

These two plants, Chocolate Joe-Pye Weed and Meadowsweet, are still sitting in a tray of water waiting to be planted. I bought them several days apart, but I really like the combination of foliage, so I'm thinking I will plant them together.


Closeup of the Meadowsweet flowers


Well, that's it for me today. Please don't forget to head over to Tootsie Time to check out all the other bloggers who have posted for Fertilizer Friday.

6 comments:

  1. You do have some wonderful flaunting today! I hate it when my batteries die right when I am about to take a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Hydrangea, the flowers look really big. I think the Joe Pye weed and Meadowsweet look great together. I forgot I had planted that type of Joe Pye weed last year and it took me forever to remember what it was when it started growing back. Your pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful blooms!! I really like your chocolate Joe Pye, I've never seen one before. What is the bloom in your header? It is STUNNING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I was impressed with the quality of the photos I got from my phone.

    I am definitely going to plant the Joe Pye and the Meadowsweet together.

    Rebecca, the flower in my header is a small bedding Dahlia (sometimes called a Dahlietta, I think). It's called Harlequin. I saved some seeds from it and I'm waiting to see what they produce, if the babies look like the parent. The parent plant didn't survive the winter in a pot, the tuber turned to mush. But I still have some seeds, if you want to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is the first 'Invincibelle Spirit' I have seen (that wasn't an advertisement). Very pretty! I love the combo of your Chocolate Joe-Pye Weed and Meadowsweet. They belong together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hydrangea is gorgeous, it's amazing how many different types are available right now. I'm going to have to search for 'Invincibelle'. Your 'phonetography' is amazing!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.