Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Tree 2010

I don't do a lot of Christmas decorating. Usually just the tree and a couple of little things on shelves around the house.


This year I tried to stay with a certain color scheme -- pink, red, white, green, and a little silver, gold and a tiny touch of black. Quite a few of my ornaments have a garden theme.

What would a tree be without a birdhouse?


Or two?

And we must have birds to live in them....

And sip nectar from the flowers.

What would a garden be without a gazebo?

I used to be a frequent contributor to the Garden Junk forum at GardenWeb, and one year some of us exchanged handmade ornaments. The folks on that forum are very crafty. I made Victorian boots for everyone.

The following ornaments all came from that exchange.




A few years ago I decided to try my hand at beading, and I made a bunch of these red and green stars as ornaments for the tree.

At a local craft shop I found some garden fairies to hang as ornaments. I'm using one as a tree topper. Or are they angels?

Well, they're very festive.

They really put me in a Christmas mood.

I like looking at them in the tree, smiling at me.....

And saying "Merry Christmas!"

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty tree, Alison - and such a lovely collection of unique ornaments :) I love your red & white fairies.

    The Victorian boots you made are really super! And the crochetted birdcages and gazebo - such an unusual idea and so sweet! Absolutely love the little birds, especially the blown glass Hummingbird and the way it reflects the twinkly lights.

    Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas sparkle and magic - not having done a tree ourselves this year, I'm having a wonderful time enjoying all the beautiful ones in Blog Land this year!!

    I wish you and your family a truly Wonderful & Blessed Christmas, Alison. It has been great getting to know you through your Blog & I've felt so honoured having you visit mine. THANK YOU!

    Big hug,

    Des xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is very pretty! I love all your garden themed ornaments. I realized that I have quite a few too as I was hanging them. If we ever have a bigger house I'd love to have one tree with just nature and garden inspired ornaments.
    Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree! I am just a peeping christmas tree tom this year--looking in all the windows and admiring the beauty.
    Hope your holidays are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison,
    Your tree looks so decorative and festive :) I really like the bird house ornaments! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year ~ Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornaments are so cute, especially the birdhouse ones. Your tree looks amazing! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the size of your tree and your ornaments. I enjoy my garden themed ones, too.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.