Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Fall Color

There are some very striking fall colors out in the garden, as well as in the trees and shrubs that I see on my way to the grocery store every day right now. Is it just my imagination, or do they seem more vibrant than in recent years? I wonder if the rain in August, as well as in September, has caused the trees and shrubs to hang onto their leaves longer, whereas in a more normal year, with summer drought that lingers well into September, the trees have usually lost most of their brown, crinkly, dried-up leaves early as they shut down in August from months of summer drought.

Of course I'm not a botanist, or meteorologist, or climatologist, basically I know next to nothing about anything. These are just the musings of a home gardener with some photos to share.


Amelanchier alnifolia

Oemleria cerasiformis

Ribes sanguineum

Peony

Peony closeup

Hydrangea quercifolia

Hydrangea quercifolia

Acer circinatum

Oak tree

Quercus

Amsonia hubrichtii

Geranium macrorrhizum

Eucalyptus bark

Eucalyptus

Tetrapanax papyrifer 'Steroidal Giant'

Viburnum trilobum

Have you noticed how vibrant the fall foliage is this year? Am I just not remembering that every year it's this beautiful?