Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, May 7, 2018

In A Vase On Monday

The flower that inspired today's vase was my first Calendula, which I found flowering on one of last year's plants that survived our winter. I didn't even realize it was there, growing in an out of the way corner of the garden, until I ventured there the other day and there it was, flowering. I sowed Calendula 'Solar Flashback' a few years ago in the front garden, and this plant is a descendant of those first packets of seeds. I cut a couple of my first Pacific Coast Iris 'Broadleigh Rose' to go with it, and a big handful of Saxifrage 'London Pride' which provides a wonderful airiness to the rest of the arrangement.


I decided to change up the vase this week and put everything in the mouth of this fish

Pacific Coast Iris 'Broadleigh Rose'

Cathy at Rambling in The Garden hosts In A Vase On Monday. Check out her post here.