Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wednesday Vignette

For my Wednesday Vignette I'm sharing a picture that I took at the recent Northwest Flower and Garden Show, of a flower in the display garden of the Northwest Orchid Society. They always put on a wonderful display. I admire orchids, even though I've failed miserably at growing them. The shape reminds me of the one hardy lady's slipper that I grow in my garden.

Phragmipedium cardinale

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Alison! The orchid garden was beautiful, and they had some rare varieties there. I do agree that this bloom looks like a lady's slipper's flower! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting flowers, boring foliage. Like you, I'm skilled at killing orchids so admire them elsewhere. The Orchid Society really did a super job again this year with their display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous thing! I've heard that slipper orchids can be difficult. Cymbidiums are easiest here but then we're MUCH warmer on average (over 80F today!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Orchid display is one of my favorite parts of the NWFGS. I can spend a lot of time there. The flowers are so marvelously intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful flower and the colorful background adds to the scene.

    I'm good at growing Orchids for years and years and years without them ever blooming. We all have our Orchid war stories, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.