Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day -- March 2017

Blooms?

We don't got no stinkin' blooms!

All we got here is rain. Rain and mud.

A view of the garden through rain-streaked windows

Splish, splash

I am sick of this pluvial plenitude. When we do get the occasional hour or so reprieve from rain, I feel the need to rush out there ("Quick! Grab the secateurs!" yells my Inner Garden General) and mow down and clean up winter's old baggage. The result, after months of inactivity, is feeling for several days like I've been hit by a truck, with muscle aches where I didn't realize I had muscles. I swear, the only activity harder on the human body than gardening is professional sports.

But I do have some blooms, and I decided to risk getting the camera wet yesterday so I could capture some photos.

But first, the greenhouse:

Begonia 'Baby Dress' -- grown for its foliage, but its dainty flowers are cute too

Old lady cactus' tiny pink flowers

And out in the garden:

Hepatica

Garrya




Too many others -- Snowdrops, Winter aconite, Cyclamen coum, Hellebores, etc. -- required becoming a contortionist in the rain on cold, very wet ground and I wasn't up for that.

I hope you have a lovely, dry, bloom-filled Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, wherever you are! GBBD is hosted by Carol at May Dream Gardens on the fifteenth of every month. Check out her post here.