Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

This week's Wednesday Vignette is a photo of a bloom that I intended to include in last week's Bloom Day post, but I forgot that I had taken it. So, it has become fodder for this week's vignette.

Rosa glauca

Rosa glauca is the only rose that grows in my garden. For the most part they're just too fussy for me. I like this simple, undemanding rose with its bluish leaves. I do have Rosa sericea pteracantha, the wingthorn rose, languishing in a pot, still waiting for me to dig a hole for it, so one day, maybe this year, I'll have two roses growing in my garden.

Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can see her current post here.

12 comments:

  1. Love Rosa glauca too, just planted one in the new garden. No fussy roses, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the (many) plants I wish I had room for! I love the foliage, and the "hips"...not a fan of the flowers though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too have grown the rosa glauca, especially love the foliage. I have a tiny self-seeded plant going. Am keeping fingers crossed that deer don't find it. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue foliage of Rosa glauca, and also the red-hot thorns of the wing thorn rose, but - sad to say - have no room for either. Not that it ever stopped me before... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rosa glauca so much, I'm adding another one to my front garden. I prefer my roses low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've come to appreciate single-petaled roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a sweet bush, foliage, flowers, hips are all a delight! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a beautiful rose, mine has just started flowering too. I like it for it's foliage as much as it's dainty flowers, it certainly earns a place in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grow no roses. If I ever did, it would be Rosa glauca. I love everything about it. I wonder if its fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two roses here, no idea why though the red one is growing on me (and not eaten by everything in sight so perhaps it's plastic and I don't realize it?) Lovely picture, Alison!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.