Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday Vignette

I'm not convinced you can call this a vignette. It's more of a Wednesday Macro. But I'm including it in Anna's Wednesday Vignette meme anyway.

I never looked that closely at Panicum flowers before, other than to vaguely notice that they're a sort of rosy color. Yesterday doing a garden walk-about I finally looked really closely at them for the first time, and realized they are pink -- and orange! My current favorite color combo for the front garden, where most of my Panicums hang out.

How cool is this?

All I need now is for someone to start breeding Panicums for larger flowers. Cause these little babies are tiny, tiny, tiny.

Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts the Wednesday Vignette meme. You can read her current post here, and check out the links to other participating bloggers in the comments.

13 comments:

  1. Wow--you sure did get up close and personal with that panicle. Panicle? Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how perfect! Here you had your fave color combo right in front of you all this time, and never even knew it. What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that close-up...it's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think of grasses as having colorful flowers, but on a macro level the Panicum is really bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha...too funny! It's interesting how plants can surprise you when you look close enough...I always feel a little nerdy when I delight in grass flowers...they are so inconspicuous compared to most anything else...but I love how Panicum flowers are almost metallic in some lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever you want to call the theme, it's very pretty, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your macro lens is revealing new worlds to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know panicums had flowers. I need to take a closer look at mine. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I've never taken a really close look at the Panicum flowers before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shots here!
    I hope you'll come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/strange-visitors-in-garden.html

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.